The candidate will be part of the global New Product Development (NPD) India Engineering team and will be based in Coimbatore, India. The candidate will be subject matter expert of 3 screw pumps and would provide technical leadership of NPD projects. He/She would be responsible for completion of Engineering deliverables of NPD projects. The candidate will work closely with global NPD Engineering teams in Europe, Project management, Product Management, Operations and Sourcing. He/She will work on the leading and execution of NPD pump projects, following the standard NPD process. In this position, the candidate will work closely with local and overseas colleagues in NPD Engineering and Project Management to ensure on time completion of Engineering deliverables. The candidate will lead and independently work and/or guide the team primarily in Ideation, Concept and detailed Design, Engineering, prototype development and testing of positive displacement pump type namely 3 screw pump and occasionally gear pump, progressing cavity pump and centrifugal pump. Occasionally the candidate will work on Technology development projects.
- Prepare detailed Product Technical specification from customer/market requirements from Product manager
- Involve and technically lead the complete new product development lifecycle from ideation to testing of product
- Independently conceptualize, technically lead and execute the design of complete pump using market inputs from Product manager, in a timely manner using NPD process, CAD, FEA, calculation tools as relevant to the project.
- Guide Design Engineers to complete the Engineering deliverables, review and approve the critical design reports and drawings.
- Translate Engineering theory to create or modify conceptual pump designs and/or arrangements.
- Develop new complicated design calculation tools from first principles of Engineering, based on project requirements.
- Create Concept design using CAD, perform complicated theoretical analysis using Design calculations and optimize design using FEA and CFD.
- Analyze designs for conformity to industry and functional practice. Lead and/or participate in formal multi-discipline design reviews.
- Prepare detailed test plan based on Product technical specification and ensure experimental verification to ensure compliance with test plan and approves design review and prototype testing report.
- Lead project technical meetings with Global teams and communicate/present/document specific aspects of engineering deliverables.
- Review BOM, CAD models & manufacturing drawings for the parts, assembly & general arrangement drawings of the pump, following the engineering guidelines.
- Completes drawing checks and complicated tolerance stack-ups. May create and/or review assembly instructions, visual aids and documents.
- Lead new initiatives such as continuous improvement and standardisation of engineering practices. Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong understanding of Engineering fundamentals in 3 screw (3S) pumps design (component and assembly level) and experience of complete product development lifecycle of 3 screw pump.
- Strong CAD (Part modelling, Assembly and Drafting) skills. Preferred NX(Unigraphics). • Working experience in ERP and SAP-PDM systems. Preferred SAP and ECTR.
- Strong advanced level FEA skills in 3S Pump design are required. Preferred Solidworks or ANSYS
. • In-depth knowledge of 3S pump design standards & codes such as API, ASTM, ASME, DIN and European machinery directive
- In-depth knowledge of 3S pump selection for different application based on technical parameters namely flow, pressure and viscosity.
- In-depth knowledge in material selection for different 3S pump applications.
- In-depth knowledge in Tribology aspects of pump operation and design.
- In-depth knowledge in manufacturing process of cast, machined and fabricated components, used in 3S pumps and pump systems/skids, pump assembly and test procedure.
- In-depth knowledge of 3S pump applications, industry trends and ability to translate Market requirements to specific technical features of 3S pump and system
- Familiar with standard Engineering drafting practices.
- Experience in working with stage gate NPD process and/or Design for SixSigma (DFSS) process and tools, namely QFD and DFMEA
- Identify critical characteristics for product manufacturing in part and assembly drawings based on DFMEA • Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, across all functions of the organization, external co-partners and industry experts.
- Capability and flexibility to work in different aspects of Engineering deliverables varying from Conceptual design, Design calculations, FEA, CFD analysis and documentation.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Working Knowledge in risk mitigation tools • Good spoken and written English and presentation skills.
- Good People coordination and Project management skills.
- Experience in MS office (namely excel [advanced level] for design calculations, word and ppt) and MS Project
- Knowledge of patent application process and documentation required to apply patent
- Strong experience in communication with Global (US or Europe) clients.
- Valid passport to travel overseas with no visa rejection.
Education & Experience:
- BE/BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Masters in Engineering preferred.
- 15-20+ years’ experience as a combination of Principal/Lead/Senior Design Engineer in new product design and development of positive displacement pumps. Experience in at least two complete pump design and development lifecycle is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Manufacturing and Test environment is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in 3 screw pump is required.
Salary: 40,00,000 - 45,00,000 P.A.
Industry:Industrial Equipment / Machinery
Functional AreaEngineering - Software
Role CategorySoftware Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical
KEYSTONE CONSULTING PVT LTD
For a reputed MNC
Contact Company:KEYSTONE CONSULTING PVT LTD